Is the new PubMed look for better or for worse? Maybe you would just say it is different.
Have a look and see:
- An Item gone
- Tabs on the home page.
- Items moved
- Limits page link – is now behind the search box at the very top.
- Search history – is now on either the Advance search or Results pages.
- The Clipboard - a temporary place to save search results – is now under the "Send To" link (top right side on the Results page).
- Items you should know about:
- Clinical queries and the focus on searches.
- Systematic reviews are available.
- Topic-Specific Queries are on the advanced search page.
- Medical Subject Heading (MeSH) database is linked the home page.
Tips on searching with PubMed
- Search with a question in mind, break up the concepts into 1-2 terms, and think of synonyms for each concept.
- Place an “OR” between the synonyms enclosed in brackets, and an “AND” between the concepts.
- Incorporate PICO in a search. P = population/patient; I = intervention; C = comparison; O = outcome.
- Save articles citations to My NCBI, if you do not want to download them immediately.
For more details see PubMed Tips Sheet March 2010