You may find the following sites useful for your professional knowledge or directing to your patients:
Health Canada Drugs and Health products provides:
- Canadian resources with advisories,warnings and recall,
- Drug production database (db), and
- Adverse reaction e-notices.
- details on drugs and diseases,
- patient handouts,
- current news, and
- mobile alerts on clinical references.
- Canadian perspective,
- overviews conditions, diseases, and their management,
- drugs and herbs interaction information,
- patient handouts, and mobile alerts.
MedlinePlus Drugs and Supplements:
- why and how to use remedies by name,
- possible side effects and warnings of drugs, as well details on herbal or supplemental options.
Recent drug books located in at WLRC which you likely have not seen yet are:
- Basic concepts in pharmacology: A student’s survival guide.
- Simplifies the difficult-to-grasp pharmacology concept of today.
- Clinical ocular toxicology: Drugs, chemical, and herbs.
- Explains in detail, known as well as possible ocular outcomes of chemical and herbal medicines
- Pharmacology for the prehospital professional
- Gives realistic clinical problems with drug profiles and possible contextual conditions.
- Drug metabolism handbook: Concepts and applications.
- Exposes new tools and experimental aspect of drug metabolism.